PumpkinKnits

Monday, May 16, 2005

Rogue progress (update #1)

I am so enjoying knitting this sweater. It is an exquisitely written pattern (and yes, the newly patient PumpkinMama did indeed read all 19 pages through before even casting on) very clear and precise - which I always dig. The body is fun & easy with a roughly 80-stitch strech of stockingette between some snazzy cabling that is well charted and all new to me. [That is, it is fun and easy after one false start: this newly patient knitter did the previously unimaginable - I completely frogged more than 20 pattern rows and 10 hem rows, at about 200 stiches per row after horking up a cable so badly I couldn't see how to tink it, I realized I was also not enamoured with my hem job. It was too tight on #6s and the cast on was too tight as well]

I've just completed the trinity-type-knot cable on the bottom and have a section of skinny twining cable to repeat before the knot gets repeated upside down at the armpit;

Rogue-a-licious Posted by Hello

Speaking of Rogue-a-licious - check out this mod someone posted to the Yahoo Group Rogue-Along: tree of life. I'm not so keen on the spider, but the tree is amazing. I plan to keep my Rogue vanilla, but I might have to figure out a way to use the tree chart elsewhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

your Rogue is going to be beautiful! I love the colors in your yarn. I don't usually like varigated yarns for cable projects, but your colorway is so subtle that it looks incredible.

19 pages of instructions! Ack!

12:58 PM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

Rogue's looking great! I was unsuccessful in my search for a coordinating zipper, so zipperstop here I come!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home