PumpkinKnits

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Spring Knitty - yay!

So here's PumpkinMama's unedited first reactions to the new Spring Knitty patterns:

  • Cleaves: I am not a shrug person at all
  • W: This I like - very pretty, and I really like the diamonds of texture in it
  • Mariposa: cute, but not my style
  • Cambio: Not something I would normally gravitate towards, but I find myself intrigued by its atypical shape
  • Asana: I like the look of the front, but am not fond of the open back nor the ribbon straps
  • Ribbon Xback: Pretty and I like the stay-on-ability of the back crossed straps
  • Soleil: LOVE this - reminds me of Honeymoon Cami but with better coverage
  • I do: Beautiful! Perfect for the occasion it was used for - maybe I need to start wearing sundresses and things so I have an excuse to make shrugs and shawls
  • Spring Fling: very cute and practical. I like.
  • Tie one One: these are pretty but apart from the unique closure, kinda blah to me
  • Branching Out: been looking for a good 1st lace pattern -this might be it!
  • via diagonale: VERY nice - I love Wendy's other bags on her site too - I might have to try one finally
  • cocktail monkey: not a fan of cutesy girly bags, so this ones not for me
  • itsybitsy/kitchen sink: These look both practical and fun - might have to pick up some kitchen cotton and give one a whirl
  • wheelie: cute idea! I love practical knitting
  • shade: ditto the above
  • petals: good pattern to have stashed away when you need some adornment
Some things that could certainly make my list for sure. I was about to start Honeymoon Cami, but I will now have to do see if my yarn will work for Soleil, as that design is much more wearable for me in my day-to-day life. I have never been a "bag lady" but I think via diagonale might need to be knit, and I know for sure the kitchen sink bag would come in handy this summer, bringing the PumpkinBoy and his gear to the beach.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read that there are people out there who want to knit some of these things. I'm slightly underwhelmed by what I see. Everything looks so targeted toward a particular age group and body type.

I will give Knitty credit, it is continally pushing the envelope of knitting possibilities.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home