PumpkinKnits

Friday, January 23, 2009

January Sweater

It seems like I always manage to produce a sweater (or vest) in the early months of each year. This year's is the Garter Yoke Cardigan from the latest Knit.1 It is knit with humble Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool (just 2 hanks, on sale - can't beat a $14 sweater!). I think this is one of the best fitting sweaters I've done to date. I wanted some negative ease, but my gauge was off so I risked knitting 2 sizes smaller than my bust and it worked out just fine.



Thanks to my involvement in the PhatFiber sample box, I was made aware of these kick ass buttons made from small slices of oak, that I think are the perfect match for the simplicity of the pattern. You can get your own (in all kinds of sizes) at Wooden Treasures on Etsy. He also has some really lovely shawl pins too.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just beautifull!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been eyeing that pattern for a while. You've totally convinced me I need to make one!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is gorgeous! So simple and classic. I wish I could knit a lovely cardigan like that. Congrats!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

That looks great on you! And the buttons perfect. Are those 1 inch the red tree oak buttons?

3:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle, Queen Behind the Lens! said...

I've had that sweater in my fav's since she posted it & I'm so glad that I have the pattern now... and that I acquired it right before my resolution to knit "from the shelf" this year! Yours is beautiful! I have some walnut hued cascade 220 waiting.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That looks fantastic!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! I've just started mine. Also, it's wonderful that you've used an affordable yarn with such great results.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you knit that fast! It looks so good on you!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Anne P said...

I love it! And 14 bucks for a sweater - can't beat that with a stick! Nice!!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great! The buttons go well. You must have been holding your breath on the sizing.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love seeing finished projects where my wooden buttons are used. What a beautiful sweater. Now my wife wants one too...LOL Anyone want to trade buttons for a sweater?

Jay

8:56 PM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Very nice and flattering! I really love the yoke style sweaters that I'm seeing everywhere.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! It looks great on you!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

fantastic buttons. Beautiful work on sweater. I like the simplicity.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home