PumpkinKnits

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lightning Fast

There is not much to say about Ariann that has not been said by others who have knit it. Fun, fast, flattering - all true of this knit. I had hoped to get this done in time to wear upoon my return to work, and I made my goal with two weeks to spare. It's a good thing, as not many of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me in the right way anymore.



Project Specs:
Pattern: Ariann, by Bonne Marie Burns; size 43"
Yarn: Cascade 220; color 7809; just over 5 skeins
Neeedles: #6 and #7 Denise
Notes: I may go back and block this a lot more severely than what you see above. I knit the sleeves a tad longer, as I really hate sleeves that are too short. I am skipping the belt idea, as its just not my style. I think this will be a much-worn piece of my wardrobe.

19 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

It's lovely! I have seen this pattern done so many different ways that I might have to do it myself. I would never have given it a second look from the original pattern, but I love yours.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

So pretty! I love the color.

12:43 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Very nice and it looks great on you. It's perfect for any occasion, too.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh YEAH! :-) It looks great! I really like the collar--it gives the sweater a nice professional look.

I don't think I would do the belt either. It's absolutely fine the way it is!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks so good on you!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Your pre-pregnancy clothes may not fit the way you'd like but you look fantastic. The sweater is so flattering on you. Excellent job.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great on you, you gonna wear that to Spa? ;) The color is wonderful, too.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That looks great! Looks like some nice shaping. I agree on the belt thing.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful! Lovely color.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Looks wonderful...great job!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looks great. I agree that it looks better without the belt, too.

12:46 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

A beautiful sweater! I have to admit that when I first saw the pattern, I wasn't terribly awed by it. But your version looks great and the decision to leave off the belt was a good one. I like it better without the belt, I think.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Wow, Skinny! Way to go.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love the Ariann cardigan. The color is gorgeous, the first I have seen in that colorway. Nice pattern, and I may have to order it too since it seems everyone is making one in blogland.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and functional -- the ideal sweater. Great job!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!! So nice to see you and your sweet baby this weekend!

7:30 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

gorgeous! love the color and the fit :-)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Love it! The fit and color are both great!

5:06 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your Ariann is the best I've seen!!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home