PumpkinKnits

Friday, November 21, 2008

Wintery

I'm already feeling the inward pull of winter. I don't want to DO anything. This weeks cold weather has me wishing I could stay in my jammies all day. I didn't even get up the energy to go to spin night last night, my sacred ME time that I never miss unless I am forced to. Just didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of getting there even though I know from past experience that I am always glad when I get there.

I feel mopey and dopey, I have all day at home today - with no car even, so no excuse not to have the dye pots going all day, having fun in the kitchen, but when I think of the "work" part of it - pulling out the boxes of stock dyes, rooting around for my pots and paraphernalia, I just inwardly go "Meh."

I know, I am so inspirational, turn away, lest you be tempted to soar to such heights! That said, before my funk set in, I did spin up a little scrap roving from the shop, about 1.5oz of this deep beauty (merino/tussah silk - there is still a2oz braid in the shop if you like it):



Which I spun into wildly erratic singles which I wound them into a center pull ball and held doubled to knit a pretty little neckwarmer. This has actually been the bright spot of my week - it makes me freakishly happy every time I put it on. Don't you think this would be a great sweater? I am really tempted to dye up a huge batch to spin for a simple sweater - wouldn't that be a beauty!



And Miss Dizzle likes it too, she keep swiping it and saying "my hat!"

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm sitting at home by the woodstove trying to work up the gumption to go to the grocery store. It's so cold out there!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

It is bone chilling cold out there! The kind that settles in and it takes many cups of hot tea to chase away. It numbs the brain too into a submissive "meh".

1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes you just have to submit to the lack of energy and have a pj day.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! If I have to do anything after work I CAN'T go home first or that's it, I'm done. And I just don't have the energy to attack anything. I haven't knit or spun since the Gathering! Yikes. I'm hoping for a resurgence of interest this weekend.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I know how you feel. There have been a couple of evenings recently when I just aimlessly surf around the internet. This is hard time of year.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

I think you've hit the nail on the head precisely. I just want to hibernate, and I know it would be good to go out and see friends but all I can think about is getting into my PJs and drinking hot cocoa while having something completely mindless on in the background. *shiver*

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my reaction to raw cold too, but the bunnies force me outside at least three times a day. Helps combat the hibernation tendencies, but makes me question why the ... heck - yeah, we'll go with that word... I do this. Then I bury my hands in a full coated bunny to warm up my hands, and suddenly - no more questions. But I still huddle under mountains of warm stuff once I get back in the house.

Your roving and neckwarmer are beautiful, but of course, that sweet little imp beats 'em both for cute and gorgeoua.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I love this weather. Snuggle weather :)

Beautiful colors in your neckwarmer!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Kristin Zecchinelli said...

erin if i did this like a neck warmer, then sew it across the top that would be the kind of hat you sent me yes??????

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home