PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Carry On!

I love Tim Gunn, and I'm hopelessly addicted to Project Runway, as I know many others are. My favorite thing about Tim is how he so insanely tactful in his critiques - he lets the designers know if they are straying without making it seem insulting or mean. I need more skills in that arena. But of course my most favorite thing is his catch phrase: "Carry On!" It is a good personal mantra, and is a much more cheerful sounding version of one that has gotten me though other hard times: "The only way out is through".

So here I go Carrying On* through a few weeks of way too much stuff going on (literally minutes after I wrote that post last Friday, I hopped in the car to run some errands only to discover power steering was gone. We're down to one vehicle while waiting on parts).

As for knitting, here is one of my vacation FO's, which took a year on the needles, but man they came out pretty, so the wait is worth it. The yarn is Sereknity Sock in "Pumpkin Patch" and I guess they may have been waiting their turn to get finished so they could match the leaves. Pattern is Mad Color Weave and all the details are Raveled here.




*Please note that I am keenly aware that all the stuff on my plate these last few weeks is the result of abundant privilege and are not "real" problems by any stretch. I am simply the type who gets overwhelmed when I don't have much downtime, and purging here helps me to get my head straight.

9 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

First, no need to explain the "stuff on your plate" stuff. We all get overwhelmed even by the good stuff sometimes.
I love the sox they are gorgeous!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

Gorgeous socks! Perfect for fall. Hope you get some down time to balance out the fun stuff soon.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Love your new mad weave socks!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Ooh, that is a gorgeous color! My MIL requested socks (though she didn't want wool and had really specific color requirements) so I'm on the hunt for sock patterns that will be interesting to do and work well with a non-wool, non-stretchy sock yarn. This one looks like it would be fun to make!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Love those socks!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Purge away. These socks are so pretty -- I'm glad you stuck with them through the end!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Yep - You finished them at the perfect time of year! Love them!!

Don't worry about venting here either. It's your blog - say what you will. I'm the same way tho. I am overloaded/overstressed and it manifests itself in odd ways. Like compulsive knitting, for example. Could be worse....

1:32 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

beautiful socks! I feel the same way when I am overwhelmed, and hope that someday I'll have a job that gives me built-in time to just "be."

(now I'm off to read through the last couple of months; I got behind in my blog reading and want to catch up!)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

What gorgeous socks! And, as Tim would say, "carry on!"

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home