PumpkinKnits

Monday, September 15, 2008

More Knitting!

I was living solo in a hotel room in Chicago all last week while at a conference for work. I always miss the kiddos and the husband when I'm away, but I do try to focus on the positives, like the peace and quiet, the tidy room, the exquisite pleasure of no one needing anything from me when I walk in the door at night. And of course, the knitting time. The extra time saw me starting and finishing Dizzle's winter hat, out of the handspun I posted last.



This is Bias Riddged Hat (Ravelry link) - not many of them out there on Ravelry, but it is a quick and easy knit and just a perfect pattern for handspun.

I also got a start on something I've had in the queue for a while. This is Maryse's fabulous Gathered Scarf, in Sereknity's "Rock Lobster" colorway in merino/alpaca/silk and it is for me me me! I've had this pattern/yarn combo in mind all along, and I'm excited to finally have started.



Last but not least, my extra time allowed me to get a lot of the finishing work on Sunrise Circle done. A post on that will be coming soon.

10 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

that sweet little facie :-)
and the hat's cute too!

9:26 AM  
Blogger carla said...

CUTE hat!

10:31 AM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

I want to nibble those cheeks. What hat is everyone talking about? All I see is adorable kiddo. ;-)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Looks like you put your time away to excellent use.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could a burlap sack on that kid's head and she'd still look cute.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable kid and hat!! Love the scarf!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Dang! How cute is that hat??!!

Sometimes it feels really good to get a few projects worked on without interruptions, doesn't it?

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh. Nice scarf... looks sinfully soft. :-)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Oooh, nice hat! It does show off your handspun beautifully. The scarf is lovely too.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Love that hat! I haven't seen that one before... adding to queue...

happy knitting-
ali

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home