PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Latest WIP

I alluded to the return of my knitting mojo in my last post. I've been wanting to knit Sunrise Circle for some time now, and finally cast on, with the yarn I bought for that purpose, no less! Here is a partly completed left half:



This side is now complete, and I'm about half done with the right side sleeve/front combo. The yarn is Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran, and it is quite nice to knit with, I wish I had more of it. It makes a nice firm but soft fabric knit a little tight like is is for this pattern.

Spinning continues as well - the below is about 225yds of worsted 3ply from HelloYarn Fiber Club, way back from June 2007. It is 18-micron merino and it is indescribably soft. We're approaching hat season and I think this will make a fine one for Miss Dizzle. Yum.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I love the Kathmandu yarns. There is a tweedy light purple one that I've been eyeing for years. I guess if I still like it by the time I knit down some more stash, I should get it!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous yarn! I can't wait to see the sweater complete.

9:30 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

i love the kathmandu aran also. used to for my arwen (that my daughter snitched).

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More love for the Kathmandu- I was thinking last night I need a sunrise circle in the pink kathmandu! So cozy!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your Sunrise sweater finished. It's such a pretty shade of green!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

There really is something about September.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home