PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wee Babies

My last dye-day was dedicated to getting a bunch of top done to make these little cutie pies:


These are wee sample braids of Rambouillet Top for the Phat Fiber Sample Box, first edition heading out in January. I love the idea of the sample box, having seen one for other crafty artists, but this is the first fibery one I've been aware of. Not sure when they go on sale yet, but there are loads of places to stay informed - the blog, the Etsy shop to purchase, and even a Ravelry group. The samples already submitted are pretty tasty looking, and more are rolling in each day.

The theme for January is "Wintry Mix", and I created this colorway with that in mind. I named it "Ice Queen" for its pale to deep blues, icy pale green and white. It was hard for me to dye large amounts of fiber all in the same colorway - I tend to do just 4 or 8 oz at a time due to equipment and space contraints, but I'm getting better at reproducing results and am being more disciplined in taking notes so I can even repeat after the fact - imagine that! I have 2 full 4oz braids of this color in merino that will be shop bound as soon as I can photograph them and list them.

6 Comments:

Blogger Manise said...

Cute wee baby samples stacked in a bowl! Are those 1 oz each?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

So cute! Will you post a reminder before the Phat Fiber boxes go on sale.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, how fun!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Ooh, those are really my colors!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Cute!! The colors are so pretty :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I keep wanting to restart the Society of Blue and White Needlework, and these would be just the thing...

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home