PumpkinKnits

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Other Vacation Project

I remembered that I haven't shared my other vacation project with you. A long time ago I bought 2 hanks of scrumptious yarn from Heather when she came to a spin night - it a worsted weight merino/alpaca/silk dyed in her gorgeous Rock Lobster colorway. I knew exactly what it was going to be as soon as I saw it. Another person I call friend has a great pattern that was perfect. In even better news, the scarf only used one hank, so I can make a matching hat - any ideas?

So here is my Gathered Scarf, a little bit of gluttony for myself.



I've also started in on my next sweater, something I loved as soon as I saw the pattern. It is called Neiewmarkt, by Nancy Marchant. Its all brioche stitch, and I was a little worried about my brain's ability to keep up with something non-stockinette, but its going really well, and has a great rhythm to it, increasing and decreasing in pattern isn't nearly as tricky as I thought it would be, so I am pleasantly surprised.



I've also been dyeing and spinning more lately, and the shop has been getting regular updates. I don't post them here, because I feel weird doing self promotion, but I'm wondering if I should - others do and it doesn't feel odd for me as a reader/buyer to see that, so I don't know why it makes me feel odd as the writer/seller. Something to think about. Life is settling into more predictable patterns, so I should be a little less sporadic for a while.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advertise!!! How else are we going to get sucked into the deep hole of yarn purchases? I very often read a blog and end up buying more yarn.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

The scarf is beautiful and your new sweater is going to be a great color for you. Of course you should advertise here!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

Love your scarf! I have the same colorway languishing in the stash, though not in the mix of fibers you have. You've just given me an idea! Yes, advertise please. A simple "update is up" works for me! Looking forward to your sweater progress.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

I love the look of brioche stitch even though I haven't gotten around to making any of the gorgeous patterns I've seen that use it. This pattern looks like it is one color, though everything else I've seen from Nancy Marchant is the two color brioche. Would you recommend this pattern as a good brioche learning pattern?

I love how yours looks and I promise I'm not just saying that because of the color!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I second Maria - advertise.

I am loving that sweater - what yarn are you using? The color is gorgeous!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to order the sweater pattern, took my paypal, but no downloadable pattern. Can't get an email to go through either. Do you have a good email address? I'm probably just being a klutz but can't seem to work this out.
Thanks

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for calling me a friend! and yes, advertise on the blog. i know how weird it feels though too.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a hat in matching stitch pattern? Would that look too poofy?

Gorgeous color on the sweater.

Definitely advertise! Easy to say from the outside, but I'd feel the same. :)

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home