PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Feeling it

I never talk politics here. I contemplated a post yesterday, but didn't have the energy. I literally felt manic and nauseated all day yesterday. I knew I cared about this election, despite studiously trying to ignore the media coverage (when I didn't I ended up shouting at the electronic devices that brought me the coverage - pretty silly). What I didn't know is that I've been holding my breath waiting for this for a while. I went to bed last night knowing it was looking good, but still not trusting the outcome, still not breathing.

I breathed deep this morning. I am filled with a great wash of relief and a deep sense of hope that things might be ok after all. I'm freaking tearing up everytime I think about it, and I am usually pretty "cool" about these thing. I am bouncing through my day, despite having to get up and on the road hours earlier than usual. Thank you, thank you, America for feeling the hope too and standing up for the change we all deserve.

10 Comments:

Blogger Anne P said...

Totally - what you said.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Yes yes yes! Between the presidential election and the question 1 ballot question I feel like I've been holding my breath for months. I can finally breath and the relief and hope I feel is just amazing.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

I couldn't agree more! Relief.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - exactly how I feel this morning!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Taylor said...

That's how I feel too. Way to go, Us (and U.S.)!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I never talk politics either and my feelings this morning are not the same as yours. I could go on an educated discourse on why (yes, I read, listen to NPR, don't just follow my husband and didn't vote out of fear, like many say I did), but what I will say is that I hope in four years that I am wrong on at least a couple of them. Trying to be optimistic......

11:36 AM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

I'm glad that we have voted and that the election was not too close to call. I didn't want another election decided in the courts. Now to get to work putting the country to rights again.

5:26 PM  
Blogger LizzieK8 said...

It seems to be a common thought this morning. I was ecstatic when ABC called it at 9:00. The speeches were fantastic.

Yes We Can.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathing big sighs of relief along with you :)

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here. I had to stay up to find out the results so I could get some sleep. I was on a high the next day! Hope is a powerful thing.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home