PumpkinKnits

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Warning: Actual Knitting Content Ahead

Can you believe the last finished object I have is Celtic Dreams from back in March? Eek. My only active knitting since then has been unbloggable - a baby blanket for my brother and his wife, who are expecting #2 in early September. Happily, I finished the blankie and it has arrived with them as of today, so I can now share it with you.


The pattern is the Baby Ripple Blanket (Ravelry link) by Rebecca Hatcher, and I used Dream in Color Classy in HappyForest and Lagoon (colors most accurate in the closeup shot). It is a great easy, but elegant looking pattern, which is good, because the knitting side of my brain was a little atrophied, this helped warm it back up. All the details Raveled here if you're interested. My only mods were to knit in 2 colors, and I did an applied I-cord edging all around it, as it seemed a little unfinished without it. You can see it a little better in the below photo.



Now that my knitting brain is slowly returning (I'm sure impending fall weather has something to do with that) I have begun swatching for my next project. My first attempt missed gauge, but 2nd attempt is soaking now, and the initial signs are good that I'm on target. Tune in later for results!

13 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

lucky baby!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Oh, I like the colors in this! That's a fantastic yarn, huh? I can't wait to see what you are swatching for!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous. What a lucky baby.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really really pretty! The I cord finishes it off beautifully. Off to look at the link....

5:47 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

The blanket is beautiful. You have two small children, a husband, a job, a home . . . don't be too hard on yourself for not having a lot of finished knitting to share.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a great piece for a baby. The color is spectacular. Lucky baby!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow, that's a lot of knitting in that blanket. Way to stick to it. I really like the icord edging, that looks cool.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a neat baby blanket! The colors are brilliant...perfect for a baby!

It was so nice seeing you and your family!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Lucky baby.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blanket. I would never have looked at that pattern had I not seen your version!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Cute blanket! I love the colors (and admittedly also love that there is no pink). It is a very cheery sight!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turquoise and warm green go so well together. It's a beautiful blanket! :-)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Beautiful! I love the colors.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home