PumpkinKnits

Monday, November 24, 2008

That's Better

After my mopey post on Friday, I grabbed some yarn I'd been staring at forever and started making this:

I finished it about 36 hours later, mainly because once Dizzle knew it was for her, she kept cracking the whip, shouting in her cute little toddler shout "Sweater! Mine! Now!" If one must have a slave driver, a cute one that gives you bear hugs anytime you ask is always a good choice.

I realized today (again home and sans vehicle) that I have no appropriate buttons, so I made little toggles with 3 inch i-cords, knotted on each end, and I think they look rather cute, so I don't think this will ever get real buttons. The yarn is handspun from the HelloYarn fiber club, and the pattern is Ann Budd's Child's Circular Yoke recipe. All the details Ravleled here.

I think that served as just the trick to waken me from my attempted hibernation. I was glad to hear from all your comments that I'm not alone in the hunker-down instinct once it gets cold.

15 Comments:

Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Very cute and cozy! I was trying to hibernate all weekend long with at best limited success! It's hard when it gets cold enough that you just want to hide under the blankets!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That is so freakin' cute on her! Love it!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! The colors are perfect for her.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Rather cute? OMG - how about FREAKIN' CUTE!!!!

Love the colors - love it on her. Love her cute toddler-ness. :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

THAT is awesome! I LOVE it. And she is cute as a button!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Aghhh, it's so cute! I love those colors!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's perfect! What a sweet sweater for a little grrl!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

Love her sweater! She's adorable! Nice solution to your lack of buttons. You won't have to worry about her mouthing the toggles unlike buttons.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Holy crap! How did you knit a whole sweater in just 36 hours! I realize it is toddler size, but still. And...oh, I don't have buttons, so I'll just make some? You're pretty amazing, sis.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Love the sweater!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Brilliant, I love the combination of the handspun colorways!!! So cute.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful! Did she stop nagging you after the sweater was done? Or does she want more? Is nagging hard wired? Yikes!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that! What a cute sweater!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Such an adorable sweater AND model!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely. Maybe I can finish sweaters for the neicephews before Christmas.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home