PumpkinKnits

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Return

I highly recommend that anyone who is able to take 3 weeks off at a time does so. My, what a wonderful, much-needed recharge time. PumpkinFamily spent a marvelous time with great weather, lots of beach time, zero internet and TV, lots of walks, and just general relaxed outside merriment in the sunshine.

I was able to spin almost every day and got so much done. I managed to knit exactly 2 rows (later frogged due to brain damage) the whole time. The spinning is below, you can go to Flickr to see specific details of each.


The other fibery event of vacation was a visit to the Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm to see the baby goats and sheep and meet Susan the owner, and marvel at her energy and spirit - that woman is going non-stop all the time. Cheryl hopped over to the island from her Cape Cod vacation and joined us for our visit.


Happy summertime everyone, hopefully I will be posting somewhat regularly again.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I love your photos at the fiber farm! And your spinning is beautiful -- you're inspiring me to get off the computer, finish my chores, and spin!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

Great photos! Love the one of Cheryl with the angora kid. Your spinning is gorgeous as always!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Taylor said...

Welcome back.
We missed you!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That Cheryl gets into all the best pictures. Your spinning is really beautiful. I like skeins #2 and#4 best (clockwise).

Welcome back. Three weeks? *sigh* Yeah.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you all had such a lovely time. And the sweet baby goats!!! SO cute. :-)

I haven't touched the wheel in ages. You're setting a good example for me to follow...

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home