PumpkinKnits

Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Little Diversion

I made a little detour into the sewing world this week. When I saw this sweet little bag tutorial posted I knew I just had to make one. Long ago I dabbled with quilting, so I have a tiny little stash of fat quarters, and this was a snap to whip up during an extended naptime.


It is very wee - just big enough to hold a skein of yarn, or if I let the blues in it remind me of you know who, then perhaps a couple little tea samples? I had fun browsing my little fabric stash, and just might whip up a few more - I think they'd be handy to have around for impromptu gift containers.

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

That's really cute! And I have some of that dark blue fabric myself.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is very cute. You can certainly increase the amount of fabric and make it bigger. And having them around for gift containers is a great idea.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

That is ADORABLE! Well done!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I am so going to dig through my fabric and make one. I made a larger bag last week, I have photos and will post it tomorrow or the next day. Something about spring sunshine makes me want to sew.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

OMG! Great idea! I love it! Wish I sewed *sigh* .

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cute! The shape reminds me of the French Market Bag, only fabric!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I want to sew. I have stacks of fat quarters, japanese fabrics in cotton and silk, random pieces of jacquard, batting, pins, even a nice little sewing machine! Yet I do not have the courage to sew. I'll knit anything you hand me, but sewing... not so much.

But THIS... this I may have to try...

Thanks!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, geez, that's cute! It looks just like a little china bowl. But softer. :-)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that ought to hold a rolling ball of yarn steady. SO cute.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home