PumpkinKnits

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Little Things

As I mentioned in my last post, after abandoning Morning Glories, I really have no big projects on the needles. Last week I decided Dizzle needed a little something, so I balled up some handspun Merino (in looking that link up, I realized this yarn was knit up just over a year after it was made - funny, looks like I got the dyeing bug last spring too) and made this:


It is the Child's Neck-Down Bolero from Knitting Pure & Simple, and used every last bit of the handspun. In the photo it is fresh off the needles, and needs one more button inside to keep it from bunching up over her toddler belly. However, I finished it the morning of a family gathering and wanted her to be able to wear it, so I was weaving in ends and sewing the button on about 5 minutes before we left.

Sadly, I knew I didn't have enough yarn so made the smallest size, so it won't fit for long, but it is super easy (no seams!) and a nice use for handspun so I'm sure there will be a better fitting one for her next fall.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT! I have one on the needles -- need to finish it up.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That is absolutely adorable! I love it!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When she outgrows it, you can frog it and make something new!

I think I'm going to start calling my 43 year old belly my "toddler belly." Sounds so much better than "gut"!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be surprised at how long it fits her. It's a very versatile garment. Did you try it on?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Cute! Miss Dizzle is getting big, and growing some hair, huh?

10:48 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

oh my gosh! miss dizzle is so adorable in her new bolero :-)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just love Toddler bellies. They are so cute. This is a great little something for the temperature transitions. The color suits her well. Lovely!

2:08 PM  
Blogger carla said...

It's so CUTE!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh it is adorable and it is even pumpkin colored to match your blog.

5:39 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I took one glance at that little knit and knew EXACTLY what roving it came from--the bumps I thought looked like giant peaches! Wow, was that really a year ago? How time flies.
The bolero is SO cute and the color is the perfect thing to herald in (or convince it to come out, depending on where you live) the springtime sun! :)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Pegs the cuteometer-handspun handknit on a beautiful toddler.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

Way cute!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home