PumpkinKnits

Monday, April 21, 2008

More Spinning

With no big projects on the needles, I'm doing so much more spinning. The latest finished yarn to come off the wheel is this:



Its BFL, "Insect Wings" from the February offering of the HelloYarn fiber club. I get doubles, so this is 9oz roughly 750 yards of a sport weight three ply. These aren't really my colors, so I was kind of "meh" about it, but I love how it turned out - Adrian's colors make it look like it glows.

Below are my singles from the little blue batts I created a couple weeks ago. If you embiggen the photo you can see the little sparklies of the nylon "icicles" that I carded in. Still needs to be plied.



The other week I mixed up about 16 different colors of dye stocks, so I'm hoping to be able to get some roving dyed in the near future too. I've still got the spring creation buzz happening.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Your yarn from Adrian's roving is beautiful....I love the colors!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Nice work! As soon as my schoolwork for the semester wraps up, I'm back to the wheel. For now, it's just a row of knitting here and there.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I LOVE insect wings, and it's not even my color either. I'm impressed with your productivity. And creativity.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Both are looking good. I am having that dyeing feeling too. Can't wait to see what you cook up in the future.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the beauty of fiber clubs, I think. I've gotten shipments that were "not my colors" too, and ended up absolutely loving the finished product. :-)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Taylor said...

Your spinning is so beautiful- and the yarn is fantastic!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

I really am enjoying seeing the way spinning and plying makes something look totally different. And the blues are amazing!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

I really love how it turned out once plied! You did a beautiful job! I think I'll 3-ply mine rather than Navajo it.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Accessible Renovations Bensonhurst said...

Very creative ppost

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home