PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Looking Back, Looking Forward

via Stephanie and Felicia:

Top 5 for 2005

1. New Technique: Pretty much everything I did this year was a new technique to me. That said I would say its a toss up between lace knitting and socks, with socks slightly in the lead for practicality's sake.

2. Favorite Finished Object: Rogue. I wear this all the time and just love it. My Flower Basket Shawl would be a very close second.

3. Favorite Knit Along: I think Knit Unto Others was the best of the year - a wonderful idea, and it got me to do some charity knitting which I probably would not have gotten around to otherwise.

4. Favorite Shop: I'm an online shopping kind of gal, as I rarely have any child free shopping time, and toting a toddler into a yarn shop does not make for a pleasant browsing experience. My favorite online shops are Webs, Elann and The KnittingZone.

5. Favorite Tool: My wheel. I am amazed that I am spinning. I thought all you spinners were a little bit loony (and still do). I truly believed that I would not find it enjoyable, but now find myself a loony spinner in very good company.

Resolutions for 2006

1. Spin new fibers. I've only had my hands on wool to date, and am looking forward to expanding my horizons to alpaca, silk, bison - whatever, bring it on!

2. Knit a really intricate aran sweater for myself.

3. Get set up to be able to do some good dyeing. I'm working on this, but would love for this task to become a little easier for me than it currently is.

4. Knit from stash. I have way too much yarn right now (yes, it can happen), and need to force myself to knit from stash. I have at least 5 sweaters worth of yarn, to say nothing of my burgeoning sock yarn stash and all the odds and ends, plus I am regularly producing my own yarn now. I'm running out of hiding storage space.

5. Spin enough of one thing to make myself a handspun shawl. I was going to say sweater, but a) see #4 above and b) I want an achievable goal!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Great answers - and what a good idea to sum up the past year and set goals for the next.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Re: Resolution #4 - you might be interested in the Stashalong. You can sign up until 5 pm Mountain Time today.

I'd ask how much stash could you possibly have if you've only been knitting for less than two years, but, um... I can understand!! Happy New Year!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home