PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Re-entry

The Pumpkin Family had a wonderful Christmas - enjoying a relaxing time with family all weekend. Santa was good to this knitter, I have several new books on spinning and dyeing thanks to my Mom, as well as some gift certificates to buy yarn from both my dear husband and my brother and his fabulous wife. And of course there's the wheel - even though I've had it since November, that was my main giftie this year.

Speaking of my brother's fabulous wife - it is time to let you know what that big pile-o-gorgeous-red-stuff in my last post is for. Carole guessed right, it is for another Rogue sweater, so she gets a prize. I will be knitting it for my sister in law, so Mini gets an honerable mention for guessing that part. I must say, there are few people for whom I would knit a whole sweater, and this lady is on the top of the list. I am very pleased to be knitting Rogue again, and even more pleased to be knitting it for her.

I stayed up late last night so that I could finish the body of Butterfly. I am so excited, I cannot even express it in words. There is still a fair amount of work to be done: graft the shoulders together, cut the steeks and the not so small task of doing all the picking up and knitting for the neck band, armholes and button bands. I hope to make good headway into those tasks before I cast on for Rogue, but I'm not sure how long I can wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Oh yippee! I love prizes!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

:) I would knit Rogue for my sister-in-law, too. She loves handknitted stuff. Maybe after the baby is born - I don't think I want to tackle a maternity Rogue!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home