PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dizzle's Dress

I finished the "Little Liza Jane" dress 2 days before the wedding. If any of you have little girls in your life to knit for, this dress is really a wonderful knit. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received on it throughout the wedding. I bought a sweet little button down collared shirt for her to wear with it, and had the perfect tiny heart-shaped buttons in my meager button stash for the right shoulder.

I made the 3T size for Dizzle (who is just a tad too big for most 2Ts these days, but not quite big enough for 3s to fit perfectly). I shortened the skirt by one inch, and I'm glad I did because it grew in length a bit as it was worn.


My worries about getting it on her body were well founded. As I started to dress her to get her into her "party clothes" she started shrieking and ripping at the previously mentioned "sweet little button down collared shirt" as if she were Linda Blair's Exorcist character getting dowsed with holy water. I lied, and told her she just had to wear it "for a few minutes" and she thankfully calmed down and then promptly forgot my promise and happily trucked off to the ceremony and reception and stayed up to ungodly hours (for a 2 year old) dancing with her cousins.


And, not knitting related, but another cute photo of PumpkinBoy (who has no interest in me knitting for him, therefore rarely makes the pages here) and his cousin looking rather grownup at the wedding reception (credits for this photo and the one of Dizzle & her little cousin go to my cousin):

12 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

OMG, that photo of PumpkinBoy and his cousin is priceless. Little dude looks like he's off in college already ... drink in hand, shirttails out, cute girl draped over his shoulder. Wow, they grow up fast!!

2:22 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

*melt* Sorry, was there knitting in this post? I was busy focusing on rosy cheeks.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Monica said...

OMG! My jaw dropped on the first pic. Such exuberance! And that last pic - I'm sure that will make its way into PumpkinBoy's wedding, eh? ;)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

What fabulous treasures these pictures are!! Dizzle looks adorable in her dress!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too cute. Lovely color, and very feminine with the lacework. I think it will transition well with her growing up with it for a few more sizes.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

OMG! DIzzle looks just like you in the photo! Completely adorable in that dress too.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

So cute!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

The dress looks so good. I'm glad that she forgot that she only needed to wear it for a few minutes, because it is really cute on her.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

Very very cute in the knit, and just cute in general.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Cheryl said...

She is so cute! I'll have to make one of those too.

3:59 PM  
Blogger margaux said...

absolutely ADORABLE!! omg, i want to eat her up! great dress, too!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

WONDERFUL pictures of both kids, and the dress is perfect.

Pumpkinboy and his cousin look like they're totally ready to party.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home