PumpkinKnits

Monday, March 09, 2009

Ode to Kelly

This post is for my friend Kelly (KellyR on Ravelry). She's not a blogger, but if you live in the area and spin, or knit, or use a sock machine, odds are you've met her. She's a regular at spin night and I owe her this post for two reasons.

Reason One:

She introduced me to these teeny tiny 9inch circular needles. They are HiyaHiya needles and it means I can knit socks without DPNs (hazardous around the wee ones) or magic loop (no annoying twisty dangly cord). They take a little getting used to, but I think I'm officially converted, even if they don't magically make me able to knit socks at more than a glacial pace!

Reason 2:



Wheel cup holder. Seriously, I don't think you could get any better than this. Kelly's always had this nifty plastic cup holder on her Journey Wheel at spin night. Her dearest one is in the plastics business and made it for her. Now they are making them for all of us. She has them for Schacht, Louet, Journey Wheel, Jensen, Lendrum, and after my little Rose had a sleepover at her house this weekend, she's got them for Majacraft now too. The beauty of these is that you don't have to mess with/give new holes to your wheel at all - her genius husband has figured out a custom fit for each wheel type so no wheel mods are needed. You can get yours at their Etsy shop FBNPlastics if she doesn't have your wheel, let her know - they're working on adding more to the list.

8 Comments:

Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Those are both really nifty! I will have to look for the 9 inch hiyas, because I really could use more sock needles.

I don't have a wheel (and will be probably getting a loom before I get a wheel), so I'll just have to keep that in mind.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Kelly at SOAR and checked out her etsy shop last week, no cup holder for my Rose listed. But now I'll definitely check back! Thanks!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I got one for my matchless last week. I love it!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

Mine arrived on Saturday for my Schacht! Three cheers for Kelly and her dearest one! It'll be a treat not accidentally kicking and spilling ones beverages on the floor or God forbid on someones fiber and other belongings.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

Oh and the hiyahiyas don't kill your hands at all? Inquiring minds want to know.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Those cup holders are just too cool!

I wish I could use those little nine inch needles, but I fear my aging hands would cramp up on me. :(

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

That is so great! My spinning friends will really get a kick out of it!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Ditto the Manise question on hand cramping with the needles.

I got my Schacht cup holder last week. What a great idea!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home