PumpkinKnits

Friday, May 15, 2009

Whatcha Doin'

As I said in one of my last posts, my little WIP tally on the sidebar over there is totally inaccurate. I have two things on the knitting needles, only one of which is actually getting any of my time. The one I'm ignoring (in my great tradition of taking a year or more to knit one pair of socks) is a Mermaid sock in Vesper self striping, the colorway I can't be bothered to look up right now. Just went looking for a photo of it, and realized I haven't even put it in Ravelry yet. Ooops.

The other knitting WIP I have going has a deadline, so it is coming along much faster. It is the Little Liza Jane dress by Alison Green Will from the most recent Twist Collective. For what it probably the 1st time ever, I bought the exact yarn specified and even used the exact color. The dress, obviously, is for Dizzle, and the deadline is next weekend when my brother gets married.



I'm confident I will finish, as I'm already up to the bodice and even in the largest size (3T) that is not a whole lot of knitting. My problem will be actually getting Dizzle into the dress, as she has recently declared "NO DRESSES!" whenever I offer to dress her in one.

The spinning and the dyeing continue at a faster pace than my knitting, and I can't seem to be able to keep up with documenting that either. Here is a little glimpse at what has come out of the dye pots and off my bobbins lately.

3 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

The only way I get my kid in anything he doesn't want to wear (or do anything he really doesn't want to do at all, for that matter) is to play it up as super special. Like, "Wow, only a really really big kid would get to do this!" It's not fool-proof, but I've had modest success.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

What a sweet dress for Dizzle! Love the colors and textured of your skeins and fiber too. Missed you last weekend *sniff*. Hopefully you're going to Cummington.

1:34 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

I especially love the upper left colors, like a nest from a robin, and the upper right. Coffee with cinannmon....mmmm. great job. I love your photo images

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home