PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spinning Fiend

I cannot stop spinning! I have no desire for knitting (though I do have a lonely sock on the needles, which I have to show you - the needles, not the sock!) and every time I have a moment I've been spinning. These kicks are cyclical for me, I must be feeling the instant gratification need, as spinning up a nice chunky 2ply out of a 4oz braid doesn't take too long and makes me feel super-productive. Here's a pretty mosaic of the what I've done in the past week alone:



Top left is Kim's SplishSplash Superwash BFL in "DayTripper" spun to a finger-sport weight and is mine, mine, mine! Most likely for a lacy little thing from Anne. These two ladies make a good team, so I figure I'll keep them together!

Top Right is my own BFL top, in what I call "Muted Rainbow". Its up for sale in the shop.

Bottom Left is "Fantasy" BFL chunky singles from LimeGreenJelly on etsy. I swear she has some blue/green magic mojo with the dyes - go look at her colors. They positively GLOW. This is also in the shop, but I have an internal struggle each day it doesn't sell telling myself I must have it. The fact that I'm not knitting right now is the only thing keeping me from swiping it.

Bottom Right is my own Corriedale top, in a color I call "Pogue" as it was inspired by a photo from my special place. This is another one I was scared to part with, but I listed it and it sold quickly, so its off to a new home. I just hope I can remember how to reproduce that one, as its a favorite of mine and dates from before I was taking good notes on how I was creating things.

I also did some dyeing and refreshed the shop, I can give you a pretty slice of those as well, but, marketing genious that I am I failed to post here when I updated, and most of the new ones are gone already - I'll try to get better at that. Seriously, though, if you want a reliable shop update status,shoot me an email and I'll put you on the mailing list. That has been the easiest way for me to keep people up to date, and I always try to include a little photo like the below in the email so you know whether anything might tempt you ahead of time!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I haven't been spinning much at all but I plan on correcting that at SPA this weekend. Will I see you there?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

I love your dying, but I am skittish about the whole spinning process (I'm abyssmal on the spindle, and don't even remember if I packed it away). So, if I bought fiber from your shop, how much would you charge to spin it up?

1:59 PM  
Blogger PhatLady said...

* swooon * *drool* *swoon*

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's so PRETTY!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

great fiber, great photos!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

I'm back in the spinning as well as spindling groove though nowheres as productive as you. Those skeins are yummy as is the fiber.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home