PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Inch by Inch

Celtic Dreams has is now joined at the armpits and the neck is done. I had been thinking about modifying the neck, but honestly I just don't have the time or patience to even look around for what I could do, so plain garter stitch it is. It looks good to me, and I like how it highlights the square neck.

Summer is flying by and I feel like I've been knitting a lot, but don't have much to show for it. I'm plugging away at the Trekking socks I started in freakin' December. I think as a result of them being unfinished for so long, I have a deep seated "Blah" feeling about them, but I'm forcing myself to finish them before I start any other socks. My poor Morning Glory shawl is languising too, perhaps I need to take the sweater out of rotation and work on that, but I just don't feel sharp enough to be knitting lace with no resting rows at the moment. I am studiously ignoring the Bee Fields Kit that landed on my doorstep yesterday, as I need another complex WIP like I need a hole in the head.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Anne P said...

Do you think it's summer doldrums? Because I think I have em too. I just cannot get geared up for any of the current WIPs very much right now. Just fits and starts. Maybe when we have that first crisp day of fall I'll get back to the needles..........

12:42 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I know what you mean, I'm still knitting, but nothing seems to be growing. And I have a lot of things I want to start, but not a single spare moment to start any of them.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You have made great progress on your sweater - how can you say you don't feel like you have anything to show for your knitting?

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting to start Bee Fields too... I need to do a little no-brainer knitting first. Enter Shetland Triangle... ;-)

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer doldrums - have had them all year!

2:58 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

The sweater looks great!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

What colorway did you order? I'm trying soooooo hard to restrain myself, as I'm in no mood for complicated lace these days, but it's hard.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

The sweater look great! Did you attach at the sides and are you now going to knit the rest in the round?

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater is going to be beautiful! Isn't it amazing how fast the summer is flying by?

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celtic Dreams looks great! Personally I love the neck as Beth wrote it. It may be the only thing I didn't tweak. As for feeling like nothing else is approaching the finish line, I am in the same bopat right now, but I also think it's a matter of picking one thing and sticking with it. The problem with having so many things going is precisely that lots of knitting still looks like not much when it's spread out over many projects.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I'm amazed that the socks don't draw you in for the brainless knitting quotient. Many in blogland are feeling the midsummer blahs about the knitting. I encountered a blog recently that said, "Knit only what you LOVE." So I'm testing to see if that helps. I'm getting rid of stuff I don't love, or finishing it, and will start only love objects.

7:49 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

Hey! Celtic Dreams is gorgeous!!

Thank you for the poem link, the poem is both perfect and beautfiul. The sea is a big part of me and the analogy is so appropriate for me right now. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. If you don't mind, I think I might amend my post to include it. Thank you.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home