PumpkinKnits

Friday, February 03, 2006

Mashpee, We Have a Problem

I've been happily trucking along with Rogue #2, and was so excited to be able to start the hood this weekend. After joining the shoulders, I tried it on and quickly discovered something is very wrong. When SIL and I discussed her Rogue, she tried on mine and deemed it the perfect fit. So, I'm knitting this with the same yarn, on the exact same needles (my Denises) in the same size. Are they the same, you tell me (crappy photos, I know, it is gray and rainy today):


Ummmmm.....no. Dammit. The good news is, however, that the row gauge issue is only when I'm knitting flat after separating the front and back, so I just have to rip down to the armpits and hopefully be ok on smaller needles without totally f*cking up my gauge in other ways. And for those of you keeping track, yes, both sleeves were knit with the same row gauge issue, but it is not as pronounced for some reason, so I'm pretty confident I can leave them as is.

A post later this weekend about Sockapaloooza, and completed Jaywalkers on the way!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

At least you found out before you got any further. Good luck with the fix.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I've also had all sorts of row gauge issues with my Rogue. Strange coincidence? Something sinister?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Echoing Carole ... good thing you found out now! Still a drag and a hassle, though. Sooooo frustrating.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad that you discovered it before it was assembled or anything horrible like that. I have some of the same problems when switching between circular and flat knitting, so you have my utmost sympathy!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home