PumpkinKnits

Friday, January 06, 2006

Purchases and Patience

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the buttons for Butterfly. I hope to see them today, but mail doesn't come until close to 4pm so the waiting is killing me! Hopefully I'll be posting her debut this weekend.

In the meantime, I figured I will share what I bought with one of the gift certificates I got for christmas. Dear brother and his wife (for whom I'm knitting Rogue #2) gave me one for Webs. I bought this:


A pair of hand carders and a little over 2lbs of "2/6 Donegal Tweed" in a pretty pale blue with tweedy dark blue flecks. That is a whole lotta yarn - but no ends to weave in!! I'm thinking it will become Spin Craft's Aran Cardigan with Saddle Shoulder. Which is a neat pattern, because you customize it to suit your yarn - so I know it will work with this stuff.

Thanks for the awesome Xmas gift, M&M!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you! looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the tweed worked up! :)

let us know how you like the hand carders. I need a pair but haven't figured out what size/brand/etc I want.

[i ordered some of that tweed (3lb!) in the rust color... i hope it looks as fantastic as yours (only, you know, rust)! :) ]

3:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's also a gorgeous Aran - looks like fun! Have you started swatching yet?

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I can't wait to see Butterfly so I hope the buttons come soon!

My dh and I go by M&M to all our friends, too!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It's so encouraging to see how many people made a Rogue and then still wanted to make another. I haven't touched mine since the sleeve cables, but I will. Committment issues, you know?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Glad Santa was good to you!
:)

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice color! I'm digging the sweater; knitalong, maybe? :)

8:15 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I knew you were making another Rogue, but as a GIFT??? Now, that's love. :) Yay for gift certificates--and, yes, that's a lot of wool--but how wonderful! The Aran Cardigan would look beautiful in it.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home