PumpkinKnits

Friday, December 30, 2005

Home Stretch

I am so close I can taste it. This week has seen me coming home from work, being Mama til PumpkinBoy goes to bed, and then feverishly working on the next step towards Butterfly's completion. Here she is with the body complete, shoulders grafted and steeks still uncut:


I threw caution to the wind and did not sew the steeks. This yarn is very, very wooly and grabby, and I had utmost faith that it would not just unravel on me. My early experience trying to frog my initial cast on proved how grippy this stuff was - I couldn't even undo part of it and it is still laying in the box with all the yarn.


TA-DA! Neckband done! I picked up for the left front band last night. Right band with buttonholes and sleeves remain.


I also ordered my buttons yesterday from ButtonDrawer.com - they have a whole Celtic Collection that is very pretty (and affordable). I think they'll work very well - a pretty 5/8 inch silver jobbie:


I am very pleased with the timing of this project. Ringing out my first full year of knitting and ringing in the next with this particular project is a nice marker of the progress I have made and my goals for next year. I wish you all a very happy, healthy and fulfilling year to come - it has been so nice getting to know you all.

13 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Gorgeous! And you're so brave - steeks! I'm impressed.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing how that wool acts like velcro. The last sweater I did I didn't even bother to cross stitch the seams. I heard the people of fair isle never do that! It's a beauty. You'll have a new vest for the New Year! What a great way to start 2006.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Gorgeous, and wonderful timing. Happy New Year.

9:31 AM  
Blogger the fiddlin' fool said...

I'm eventually going to embark on doing steeks, and I couldn't be more terrified. I wonder if I should practice on some waste yarn first? Do you have any suggestions?

Nice garment, by the way.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

That really did come out gorgeous. Lovely colors.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! The butterfly vest is positively gorgeous. I'm looking fiward to seeing the finished product. Happy New Year!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butterfly is lovely. Steeks are in my future, after I knit through the stash.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

In a million years I never would have guessed you are only knitting one year!!!!
The vest is beautiful, well done!

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow. Gorgeous sweater, you knitting prodigy you! Happy New Year!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Amazing colorwork and fearles steeking. Very very impressive. Best wishes for the new year.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

it's beautiful - those colors are simply wonderful together. I love how the geometric'ish collar complements the rest of the design.

As for winding yarn for Rogue - yippie! (I attempted to cast on and miscounted, er, several times (is it possible to be nervous when casting on?) and will try again tomorrow.)

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks beautiful, looking forward to seeing you modeling it!

9:30 PM  
Blogger carrym said...

Holy Crow!!! FANTASTIC job! Fair Isle is on my "new technique" for the year.

Beautiful button choice as well. :)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home