PumpkinKnits

Monday, October 01, 2007

We Call Him Spidey

Well, its hat-making season again. Not to be confused with hat-wearing season, which is much longer and starts a bit later in the fall.

I had planned to haul out the handspun and have PumpkinBoy choose the makings, but then I got to thinking he might like something more than a plain old ribbed brim handspun hat (and I also got to thinking I'd like to knit something more fun than that, truth be told). He's moderately into pirates, so I pulled up Adrian's "We Call them Pirates" and asked him what he thought. His eyes lit up and he said "Can you make it a Spiderman hat?" Here is the result. I pretty much just took Adrian's chart and recharted a Spidey and web design on it. It was really fun coming up with the chart, and the knitting was pretty simple, apart from the fact that I seem to have lost the ability to follow a chart. PumpkinBoy is pleased.




Project Specs:
Pattern: Spidey Hat, chart my own, chart template/pattern from Adrian
Yarn: Dale Falk for black and red, Elann Pure Alpaca for Blue, lined with Lionbrand Microspun in black to keep the itchies away
Needles: #3 for hat, #1 for lining
Notes: Love it! See above.

21 Comments:

Blogger Manise said...

Nice hat and tailored to his wishes too! My son would love that!

7:34 AM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

That is so cool! Great job!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hat knitting season! It looks awesome! I'm sure he will be a big hit on the playground.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet! What a lucky boy. It turned out spectacular. Great job!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That is awesome! And my friend Lois has a grandson who is totally into Spiderman. Any chance you'd share the chart design?

8:33 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

This is pure brilliance!!! Little Man is into pirates too, so I was also planning to ask him about Adrian's hat. [Great minds with same age boys?] But he's really into spiderman, so if I show him this one he'll die of delight. Are you willing to share the chart?

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so cool! Those are some mad skillz you have there.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Spidey Hat. My nephew is one of the few boys who has absolutely no interest in Spider Man.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It's awesome. That PumpkinBoy is one lucky kid.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Now how darn awesome is THAT? Nice work. :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

Excellent. That is one cool hat. Pumpkinboy will be the envy of every boy at his school.

1:42 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

This is an awesome hat made by an awesome mom!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love that hat!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool hat.....I bet the pumpkin boy loves it!

12:00 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, really cool! What kid wouldn't love that hat? Kudos to you on your supreme cleverness!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are quite the clever lady! I love that hat!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Look at that happy boy! Nice work!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! What a great idea!

big geek beth

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool hat! He does seem quite pleased. :)

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the pattern. Ive just finished one in red for my daugther.
www.lbknitting.blogspot

4:19 PM  
Blogger loloscool said...

Very cool! I have a little spiderman too! Any chance I can get your pattern, I know he would love it!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home