PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ravelry=Danger

Exactly why Ravelry will be the death of me:

-read email from Webs this morning, noting Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool on clearance
-successfully defeat the rationalization gremlin telling me I must get some now
-wahoo! I have such fabulous self control!
-pat self of back proudly

{work for a while}

-on a pumping break, not so aimlessly wander over to Ravelry to see projects made with same.
-So many projects!
-I know I'd want enough for a sweater.
-Filter list of 300+ projects using same yarn to just those that are cardis or pullovers
-Look at some of these in detail, get a sense of how much yarn I'd need for something cabley in my size
-Back to Webs, credit card number flying effortlessly from my fingers.
-Won't this look nice all knit up?

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yup. Know all about it.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! I did practically the same thing! Except that I just bought that big wheel, so I didn't get any. So I'll live vicatiously through yours.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Yeah, I was only saved because I paid a (large!) tuition bill this morning, right before seeing the sale... It's yummy stuff, though.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up! I've been wanting to knit a sweater out of this!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I've been scanning through the Viking Knits books looking for an appropriate project. ;-) Leave some for me, ok? ;-)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Wow, you almost had me caught in the same trap!

12:40 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

[fingers in ears]La la la la la I can't hear you...

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once I am glad I am too busy to surf Ravelry and Webs.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Damn, I wish you hadn't posted that picture. I thought very hard about that exact same colorway. Wonder if there is any left...... (she says ignoring the two completely unopened 10-packs of this SAME YARN DOWNSTAIRS).

6:23 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Yeah, I ordered some of that Silky Wool myself the other day . . . and I think in that exact same color. (#63, right?) I can't wait to see it in person!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

Hehe- I looked and resisted! Nice color for you!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It will be stunning :)

2:55 AM  
Blogger Mini said...

Oh, I have to have some self control.. we are waiting to hear about layoffs. So, I am knitting from stash... it's not so bad. I have lots of nice yarn. And PC says I can refill the closet when I empty it.:)

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I'm (sorta) glad I don't have access yet. Though I wish I had gotten some Hempathy and Silky Wool anyway...

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home