PumpkinKnits

Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Friends in the Computer

I have a little public thank-you note post to make to my friends in the computer. I never suspected that I would form such rewarding friendships through this blog. I have met so many New-England based knitters and spinners in the past year and have been so pleased to get to know so many wonderful women whom I never would have had occasion to meet otherwise.

Back at last month's spin night, Cheryl gifted me a beautiful baby sweater for the PumpkinGirl. She blogged about it in detail in this post, so at the time I didn't want to re-blog it. However, now I can show it modeled on the girl herself, so it is the time for public thank yous and a gratuitous baby photo (which, I promise will slow down here for those not interested in mommy-blogging*) I have the good fortune of having a very sizeable newborn, so she is already fitting into some larger clothes that I thought we'd have to wait to enjoy.


Another one of my good friends in the computer (and in real life too), Monica, has been working on a mystery baby project for a little while. I was intrigued and mystified about what would cause her to be so secretive about knitting for her own little baby girl who is due this spring. I never in the world thought that this piece of beauty would show up in my mailbox the other day:

It is a gorgeous baby dress, that again, thanks to PumpkinGirl's fast rate of growth, we should be able to get some good wear out of this winter. And it has bobbles - she bobbled for my baby, only a good friend would do that.

I have been blessed not only with a happy thriving family, but with getting to know all of you who visit me here. I am well and truly touched, not only by the physical gifts my friends may send, but by all the well wishes and good thoughts you have all sent my way over the last month, be they an attempt to put me into labor on my own, or the congratulations on PumpkinGirls birth. Thank you all for sharing of yourselves.


*for those who are interested in mommy-blogging, I do keep a seperate blog that is about my kids over here.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are lovely, even more so with PumpkinGirl in them! What a sweetie. You are blessed indeed!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

They are both wonderful. You can call me your slacker/spinner/knitter/blogger friend.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

We love you, too! :-) :-) :-)

That's one well-dressed kid you've got there. I can hardly believe Monica actually managed to part with that mystery project.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she looks so cute in that little sweater. Seriously though, that's one big baby if she's already fitting into that thing.
And Monica's little dress is incredible!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Cheryl's sweater looks so cute on her! I look forward to seeing the dress on her, too.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those handknits are gorgeous! Can't wait to see her in Monica's dress. So glad things are going so well. We never tire of baby pics in handknits or not. Keep them coming!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lucky baby girl to have such beautiful handknits! What a cutie!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful baby sweaters! And of course your little cutie deserves nothing less. :) I for one certainly don't mind gratuitous baby photos on a regular basis, especially when said baby is modeling lovely hand-knits, yours other other people's!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

What beautiful gifts!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pumpkingirl is so adorable! and what lovely gifts :-)

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to read a my glass is half full post! You and PGirl deserve only the best.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home