PumpkinKnits

Monday, November 19, 2007

Warm and Wooly Spinning

My little Mazurka has found a new home with some wonderful new spinners from Maine. Before I could let her go, I had to clear off the bobbins, which meant finishing my first true woolen spun. This is 2oz/250yds of Rambouillet from Anne's Exotic Fibers Club. It it pretty wildly inconsistent, so I need some more long draw practice thats for sure, but I do love the result - so elastic and fluffy!


Also made it through a Grafton Fibers batt, this is 3oz/180yard bulky 3-ply. This had been my spinning night project for a while, and despite the haphazard nature of its transformation into yarn (I rarely actually focus on my spinning at spin night) I really like it and it oceanic colors just mesmerize me.

I've been on a spinning jag lately, with the wheel getting my attention before my knitting does, and currently have some gorgeous romney from Adrian's fiber club on the Louet. (I'd have never thought I'd put that adjective in front of the word Romney before I got this package from Adrian - amazing stuff.)

My little spinning corner in the dining room now feels so empty with Mary Jane gone, but I'm not too worried. I've already got a new wheel coming to take her place. I expect that my spinning jag may last a while.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, a Majacraft Rose? I love my Rosie! Even though she's still broken. I hope to remedy that soon. I hope you have a great time with your Rose!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad you found a new home for your other wheel. I know you've been wanting this new wheel for a long time. Enjoy!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad they bought it! And yay for the new wheel!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hello, Rose! Glad you were able to re-home the Mazurka to bring in the Rose. I can't wait to see what you spin on her. I've been knitting more than spinning recently, mainly because of holiday gifts and projects for others. But, I definitely have some fiber calling my name.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Anne P said...

It is always nice when one you can find a good home for fiber things. :) And your yarn looks great - I'll bet it will be just fine to knit with and you won't even notice any inconsistencies.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my Rose! I'm sure you'll love yours. Your spinning looks great! I've been the opposite - knitting more than spinning lately. But new fiber acquisitions are about to change all that!

11:34 AM  
Blogger julia fc said...

Alpaca Kathy loves hers too, so I don't doubt the jag will go on and on.
And I too love the grafton batt. It's just beautiful spun up.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a great big har on the Romney comment first of all. And congrats on the new wheel (and a great one for sure! I'm jealous)
I'm glad someone else bought your Kromski because I sure was tempted. Another week of deliberation and I might have caved. But I too want a Rosie and so I must keep plugging on towards that goal :)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun that a new girl is coming to live with you! Happy Spinning!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great -- I love the Rose too -- that will be a terrific wheel!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Glad you found a new home for the wheel, and what lovely yarn!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

Nice new acquisition in the wheel department! I hear they are lovely. And I love those skeins! Nice job.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful stuff! I didn't get to see you spin today, let alone get to talk to you. Much. We need a warmer venue without hunkering down going on.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new wheel! Your yarns look lovely. I'm curious to see this romney you call gorgeous. :)

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a Rose! :-) How exciting! I hope you two will make lots of lovely yarn together.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home