PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Yarn Love

In honor of Valentine's Day, I present to you what I received as my "Unloved Sock Yarn Swap" hosted by Beth. This is from the HockeyMom, it is Lion Magic Stripe, which despite not being a luxury sock yarn, I quite like. This stuff makes a very quick pair of socks and wears like iron. I have 2 pair in this brand already and they take a beating every week, inside my heavy hiking boots, then into the washer and hot dryer no problems. So, while Sandy had no love for it, I certainly will - this is good all-purpose sock making material. And some pretty-pretty (made by you?) stitch markers as well. Thank you!
And for head over heels yarn love, here is my BunnyCrack all spun up. This is 80/20 merino/angora. I got just under 400yds from my 3oz slice of heaven.

This is just divine stuff, and is becoming a scarf for me. I need a new one, and with New England spring on the way, I should be able to get some wear out of it this season.
As for a Valentine from my Sweety, what could be more romantic than "How about instead of me spending upwards of $100 on a dozen roses for you, we put that money into your "saving for a drum-carder" fund?" Music to my ears, my love - thank you, its just what I wanted! Won't be long now.

12 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

You yarn is beautiful and that scarf looks so soft. As for the roses, I think it's crazy how much they cost on Valentine's Day. You'll get much more pleasure out of the drum carder!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That is sweet!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you conquered the bunnycrack! And it looks fantastic. I can't think of a better Valentine's gift than a fiber tool.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can your hubby give my hubby some romance tips on getting a fiber-loving wife a drum carder? Nothing says "I have passion for you" than a gift of fiber and a machine to process it!

Happy Valentine's Day!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That Sweety is definitely a keeper!!

Love how the BunnyCrack is knitting up.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bunny! Sock yarn! Money for a drum-carder. Lots of love happening around here - enjoy! ;-)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarn and scarf are looking wonderful. Drum carder, eh? Carding party at PumpkinMama's! ;)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I'm glad you like your yarn! And, yes I did make the stitch markers.

The bunnycrack looks great. I find myself wishing for the day I can spin that beautifully.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your BunnyCrack! I'm totally impressed with your spinning.

Also, you have what sounds like a damn fine man.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

Yup, that's a sweetie! I got a necklace and might take it back for a "serger" fund!

Bunny crack! Be-still my heart!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bunny crack yarn! And I agree with you wholeheartedly about Magic Stripes. It just begs to be hated, but it's really great for socks.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful scarf you are making! You make the bunnies proud!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home