PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

WIP Wednesday, February Installment

My last post was 3 weeks ago - I did a WIP Wednesday post, as I had the day off to care for PumpkinBoy , who is so utterly recuperated and has SO MUCH newfound energy now that he sleeps well, that Dan and I are wondering if the surgery was really in our best interest*. I find myself home mid week again, this time for Dizzle, whose daycare is closed so that the owner can have a brief maternity leave after delivering her 3rd baby.

Here's the roundup:
  • Mad Weave Socks - No goal. I exceeded that! I cast on for sock #2 and am about 1 inch into the leg. These will remain goal-less.
  • Baby Surprise Jacket - Goal was complete to give to Lisa before baby was born. Goal was technically not met, due to my inability to count stitches. BSJ was frogged and a new sweater, below was begun and completed and gifted a week before baby arrived - hooray for me!
(details of this sweater on Ravelry)

  • Morning Glory - Goal was to have one full repeat done by end of January. Goal not met. I completed one HALF repeat by then, but not the full. Februrary goal is to finish that repeat and at least get partway into the next.
  • Celtic Dreams - Goal was to complete body by end of January. GOAL MET. I have sleeveage going on at a good clip. Getting re-addicted to this knit was most of the reason I missed my mark on Morning Glory, actually. Goal for Feb. will be finish sleeve 1 and get into sleeve 2


  • NaSpiMoMo - goal was to spin 2x a week, every Thursday night and some other time. I did make every Thurs. but there were a couple times when I missed the 2nd time a week. I still managed to finish 3oz of some gorgeous merino/silk/cashmere from Franquemont Fibers called Sargasso Tweed.

Again, details on Ravelry

This is destined to become Chalice Handwarmers for me, very soon. I really liked having a night dedicated to spinning each week, so I plan to keep my Thursday evening date with my wheel.

*for those who are humor-impaired this is meant to be tongue in cheek.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Your spinning is beautiful, as always. I'm so glad that your son is sleeping better - what a bonus for you guys!

3:27 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

I LURVE that baby sweater.
Isn't it crazy when you realize the super-energy the kids have WHILE they're sick is nothing compared to what they have after?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely knitting and spinning! And what a relief for you that the boy sleeps better.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Mixed blessings for Pumpkin Boy's recovery, huh? I'm glad that you've been able to get in some knitting and spinning, though. I really do love the Celtic Dreams sweater.

9:44 PM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

i love that baby sweater . . even cuter than most because of its classic, big boy look!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celtic Dreams is looking great! Keep going, keep going! You can wear that thing before the winter's over! :-)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Wow! Lots and lots of progress. Even if it wasn't all exactly what you had planned, you are zipping along!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the baby sweater!! Great color for a little one.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Celtic Dreams is looking so inspiringly good. And your yarn is fabulous.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home