PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hat Chocolate

Back in November I made my sister in law a scrumptious brown cabley hat. I vowed then to make myself an identical one. After holiday knits and side tracks with mittens, I finally completed it. I present Hat Chocolate #2, which will actually end up being sent to said sister in law, in exchange for the original hat, because it seems she's got a much bigger brain than me. The original fits me perfectly, and so hat the second got one extra repeat of length so as to accommodate her braininess.


Project Specs:
Pattern: 3 A.M. Cable Hat by SmarieK
Needles: #7 DPNs
Yarn: Classic Elite Waterlily, color 1978.
Notes: same as before - great pattern, fabulous yummy yarn. Just added some length by increasing initial ribbing about an inch and adding one more 8 row cable repeat before decreases.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

It's a really nice hat. Looks very warm and I love those cables.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Looks great. You're all about the brown this year!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, that's my problem too? Too much braininess!! Love the hat, anything cables does it for me.

10:07 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

YUM! nice to do a little personal knitting, isn't it?

10:19 PM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

beautiful!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

NIce hat!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I love the brown.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that hat too. Now that I think about it, you do have sort of a smallish head. Which is interesting because your children are very large-headed.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Kristin Zecchinelli said...

knew reenie had a big brain! :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Jen Taylor said...

I'm in love with this hat. It's beautiful and the yarn looks incredibly soft!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, my sister will love that. She's very brainy. :)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home