PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

How I've Missed the Wheel

I finally sat down at the wheel for the first time since November, and man, did it feel good! I knew I had missed it, but I didn't know just how much until I was doing it again. I've been waiting for some extended window of free time to magically appear so that I could spin for a while, and then it dawned on me that that is not going to happen any time soon, so if I want to spin, I'd best get used to doing it in the short stolen moments that present themselves in the course of a day. So 10 minutes here and there really add up and I've only one more ounce of singles to spin of my current project (merino/angora/silk from Kim) before I can ply it all up. The short intervals of spinning are marvelously relaxing, like getting a quick shoulder massage after being hunched up working for a while. I can certainly get used to spinning this way, although I wouldn't turn down an offer of a few hours to myself to just spin and spin and spin.

I am also knitting along on Ariann. Here is a shot of her from about a week ago. She's grown about 4 more inches since then, but she doesn't inspire me to post for some reason. I love the knitting - it is an easy pattern, interesting but not so interesting as to be unknittable in my current hormonally lobotomized state. I'm making good progress on it, and hope to have a finished piece in time for my return to work in another month or so.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Ariann's color is delicious.

Stolen moments can be the best ......

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hormonally lobotomized, hee! ;-) See, you still have your sense of humor. Take comfort in that! ;-)

Ariann's looking good. I'm thinking about one in charcoal gray...

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's amazing how much I can get done when I only spin in spurts here and there. Good for you for sitting down at the wheel.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're spinning again! What yarn are you using for Ariann?

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take as much advantage of those stolen moments as you can. I'm guilty of wasting entire nap times knitting or spinning rather than doing housework, but in the end I figure that the knitting and spinning make me happier. Happier moms mean happier families, so spin away!

Ariann is looking lovely. What yarn are you using? I really like the color.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spin in stolen moments too sometimes, but it really is relaxing and it is amazing what one can accomplish in those short periods of time. If someone told me that I could no longer spin , I think that I'd be beside myself.

Love the color of your Ariann! What yarn and color is that?

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I could be so much more productive if I applied your "take 10 minutes where you find them" technique to many things in my life, but I'm terrible about it. Your success makes me swear I'll try to be better -- we'll see.

Adriann looks lovely! Such a pretty color.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spinning a bit at a time is what many do *ahem*. Free time is often rare, and attention spans are not always present. Lucy at Mind's Eye says you learn more that way.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home