PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Knit Something

Hello there! I'll save you the standard opening about not blogging*, blah, blah, blah. But I wanted to pop in to let you know that I knit something. Earth shattering, I know.

All the chatter about the new Quince & Co. yarns, led me to purchase a skein of their aran-weight in the pretty raspberry color they call "Sorbet". I decided to knit it up into a cool little piece that I queued in Ravelry about this time last year, but seeing as I wasn't really knitting between then and now, it sat there with all eleventy-billion other cool things I have queued.

The stars must have aligned or something and I actually managed to wind the yarn, cast on and knit it. Amazing, right?

Bertrand Louis Neck
Pattern: Bertrand Louis (Rav. link)
Yarn: Quince & Co. Osprey in "Sorbet", exactly all of one skein
Verdict (on both yarn and pattern): Love.


Its a cute little thing that works as a cowl or a hat, though I'm not sure I can pull off the hat to great effect, but I love it as a snug neck cosy.

Bertrand Louis Head


*quilting has taken over lately, and actual (gasp!) reading of books, to compete for my free time, but the knitting itch is coming back as fall arrives, so perhaps I'll be here more. Perhaps. You can always find me on Flickr and Twitter though if you miss me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Manise said...

Cute! Love the color. So you liked the yarn too?

7:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back! I've missed your blogging. Lovely creations.

8:21 PM  
Blogger ColorSlut said...

It is lovely. Love the color and happy to see you hitting this needles again!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Lovely. That color looks terrific on you!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Oh, for Pete's sake, now I'm going to have to blog. ;)
I super love that pattern. It looks really useful. Might have to make one myself. Except then I'll have to photograph it, and write about it, and...

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

The yarn sounds like a must try. You look really good in that color.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home