PumpkinKnits

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Cardigan: It is done!

My first sweater in the bag. I set the sleeves and put on the buttons last night while watching Fellowship of the Rings on TV. It has the sizing issue I spoke of earlier but I still love it and am very proud of my first baby.


Must-Have Cardigan Posted by Hello
Pattern: "A Must Have Cardigan" Hip to Knit by Judith Swartz
Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool Chunky, Color 112, 6 skeins
Needles: 10.5 straight

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed the assembly process. I'm the type who hates the "work" part of any project - when I was quilting it was the fun of choosing fabrics, patterns and then the piecing of the top that thrilled me. I always stalled on the construction of the the actual quilt: putting the top, batting and backing together and quilting them - ugh, nightmare. I was expecting similar completion dread with this, but no: I enjoyed seaming and setting almost as much as knitting it. This could just be first sweater honeymoon, what do you experienced knitters think? We'll find out for sure as I go along I suppose.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

What a fab first sweater! That looks wonderful. I'd never know you hadn't made a million of them. Do we get to see it on?

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home